|Name||Pronounced||AKA||Region||Country of Origin|
|Status||Active||Whisky Type||Website||Tours Available|
|Active||1824 - Present||Malt||Miltonduff||Not Available|
|Manager||Distiller||Blender||Owned by||Parent Group|
|George Robertson||Pernod Ricard|
1824: Said to have been founded on the site of a meal mill at Pluscarden Abbey by Andrew Pearey & Robert Bain as Miltonduff-Glenlivet
1825-34: Pearey & Bain licensees, when A. Pearey withdrew
1834-67: Andrew Pearey
1866: Distillery acquired by William Stuart.
1878-82: Stewart & Fraser when dissolved
....: Continued by William Stewart & Co.
1890: William Stuart joined by Thomas Yool. Distillery expanded during the 1890's with annual production increased to 750,000 litres of alcohol
c.1895/96-1936: Extended by Thomas Yool & Co. which continued to operate until 1936. Annual production of 300,000 proof gallons (1.3 million litres)
1900: Suffered badly from the whisky crash
1936: Distillery and 200 acres of farmland acquired by Hiram Walker-Gooderman & Worts Ltd. which licensed it to George Ballantines & Sons
1937: Passed to Hiram Walker & Sons (Scotland) Ltd.
1960s: A new method of heating the wash stills was introduced. Passing the wash through a series of heat exchangers (using hot water from the condensers) prior to charging the still would heat the wash to 75-80°C. Once the still had been charged, wash would then be drawn and passed through another heat exchanger where steam would heat the wash to boiling point. The vaporised wash would be returned to the still via a diffuser and in turn heat the residual wash in the still. This would continue until the distillation was complete.
1964-81: A Lomond wash and spirit still are installed, to produce a whisky known as Mosstowie, installed 1964 and removed 1981
1970s & 1980s: Single malt bottled by owner
1974-75: Largely rebuilt, 6 Miltonduff stills, the number of wash backs increased from 8 to 18. Dark-grains plant. Reception centre. Licensed to George Ballantine & Son Ltd.
1981: Due to increased demand, Mosstowie stills altered to produce Miltonduff. Distillery now has a maximum annual output of 5.4 million litres of alcohol
: 1980s Single malt bottled by Gordon & MacPhail
1992: Distillery a subsidiary of Allied Distillers Ltd. (ADL)
1999: Owned by Allied Distillers Ltd. (ADL)
2004: Owned by Allied Distillers Ltd. (ADL)