Linkwood

Distillery Factsheet

Name Pronounced AKA Region Country of Origin
Linkwood Speyside Scotland
Status Active Whisky Type Website Tours Available
Active 1821 - Present Malt Linkwood Not Available
Manager Distiller Blender Owned by Parent Group
Unknown Diageo plc

Linkwood Timeline:

1820-37: Peter Brown

1835: The distillery had an 800-gallon wash still and a 170-gallon spirit still producing up to 20,000 gallons p.a. (Ref. NSA)

1838-44: James Walker

1850-72: James Walker & Co.

1872-73: Rebuilt by William Brown

1897: Floated as the Linkwood-Glenlivet Distillery Co. Ltd.

1933: Linkwood-Glenlivet Distillery Co. Ltd. sold to Scottish Malt Distillers Ltd. (SMD)

from 1945: Licensed to John McEwan & Co. Ltd., Leith

1962: Rebuilt. All stills became steamheated

1971: Rebuilt, when extended from two to six stills

1985: Closed

1990: Reopened

1992: Licensed to United Malt & Grain Distillers Ltd. (UMGD)

1999: Owned by United Distillers & Vintners (UDV)

2004: Owned by Diageo plc