|Name||Pronounced||AKA||Region||Country of Origin|
|Status||Active||Whisky Type||Website||Tours Available|
|Closed||1897 - Present||Malt||Coleburn||Not Available|
|Manager||Distiller||Blender||Owned by||Parent Group|
1897: Established by John Robertson & Son Ltd., blenders from Dundee. It was situated near the Glen Burn, for water supply, and the Great Northern Railway, for goods transportation. The distillery was designed by Charles Doig, the leading distillery-designer of those days. It was described by its owner as "faced on one side by a ... plantation of Scotch firs and birches, and swept by the cool mountain breezes of Brown Muir ... in a snug corner shut off from the surrounding country ... complete itself, compact and clean with a cleanliness that can only be attained in Highland air."
early years 20th century: Some experiments at purifying effluents were undertaken and used in other distilleries in the area
1916: The distillery was bought by the Clynelish Distillery Co. Ltd.
1930: Jointly owned by John Risk, the Distillers Company Ltd. (DCL) and John Walker & Sons Ltd.. Transferred to the Distillers Company Ltd. (DCL) and by them to Scottish Malt Distillers Ltd. (SMD). Two stills. Licensed to J. & G. Stewart, Edinburgh
late 1950s & 1960s: Some conversion were made. The mash house was rebuilt, condensers replaced the worm tubs, and the stills were provided with internal steam coils
1985: Distillery closed and dismantled (the year before Distillers Company Ltd. (DCL) subsumed into United Distillers (UD))
1992: License cancelled
1999: Owned by United Distillers (UD)