Caperdonich built originally as Glen Grant B is one of the many distilleries in the village of Rothes which are now closed. The Caperdonich mill now resides in the newly reopened Annandale distillery.
|Name||Pronounced||AKA||Region||Country of Origin|
|Status||Active||Whisky Type||Website||Tours Available|
|Closed||1898 - Present||Malt||Caperdonich||Not Available|
|Manager||Distiller||Blender||Owned by||Parent Group|
1898: Distillery built as Glen Grant No.2 Distillery, across the road from Glen Grant No.1 Distillery by J. & J. Grant (1894 & 1897 mentioned as well). Later that year after the collapse of Pattison’s, the large Edinburgh firm of brokers and blenders and a major client of the distillery, production of Glen Grant No.2 Distillery ceased
1965: Distillery rebuilt by Glenlivet Distillers Ltd. and named Caperdonich Distillery
1967: Extended from two to four stills, which became all steamheated
1977: Taken over by the Seagram Company Ltd. of Canada
2000: Sold to Chivas Brothers Ltd.
2002: Distillery mothballed by Chivas Brothers Ltd.