The below is taken from The Whisky Distilleries of the United Kingdom by Alfred Barnard first published in 1887.
Springside Distillery, Campbeltown.
IN the afternoon we raid a brief visit to the Springside Distillery, the smallest work in Campbeltown. It consists of a scattered lot of buildings placed round a small yard, which were built in the year 1830 by the father of the present proprietor.
The Works consist of three small Granaries and Maltings, two Kilns floored with tiles and heated with peat, a Mill House and Stores, a Mashing and Distilling House, which contains a Mash Tun, 10 feet in diameter and 3½ feet deep, Underback and heating Copper. In the Tun Room, we observed six Washbacks and a Wash Charger; and in the Still House two Pot Stills holding 1,205 and 394 gallons respectively, also the Receivers, Chargers and Safe. There are four bonded Warehouses which contained 600 casks, and a small Spirit Store. The water used for all purposes comes from the Crosshills Loch. The make is called Campbeltown Malt and the annual output is 30,000 gallons.